8/10/2007

amazing!

This will be my third post in just over twenty-four hours.

And I am STILL bored! We're up at my lady's work right now, wasting the night away. I have no idea what made me think that tagging along would be a good idea, but at the time, it seemed to beat sleeping. I was wrong.

I found this site called "Eco-Libris", where I can "Balance out my books and plant a tree." For every book that I own, I'm supposed to send them a dollar, and they will use those funds towards planting a tree. What a novel idea! I even get a cute little sticker, made from recycled paper, to attach to my book jackets, and make me feel better about myself. I wonder if it works...Lately I find myself reading about living greener and saving what's left, so maybe I should turn some of these lessons learned into lessons practiced.

First lesson to heed: recycle. Even though my neighborhood does not have recycling bins, I could at least recycle my paper, plastic, and glass. I just need bins to hold everything in. I'm sure I can buy a couple of forty dollar buckets at my local Container Store.

No comments: