8/09/2007

right now

I should be cleaning. I should be sleeping. I should be making something. But I'm not. I'm blogging. And, to warn you ahead of time, this blog is likely to fall under the catergory of "Nothingness". With Beirut's "Elephant Gun" in the background, my dog under my feet, and Cinammon Toast Crunch in my belly, life is good. There's something about brass horns that just make everything better. Oh, and the singing isn't so bad either.

I spent tonight at work doing nothing much. It's really kind of hard to get much at all done in four hours, with all the questions and concerns of everyone around me. I should carry a sign that says "I don't know" with me everywhere I go. Even if it doesn't cause people to look elsewhere for assisstance, it would at least make me feel better. Perhaps I would even giggle as I pulled it out of my bag. And, of course, it would have to be mounted on foam board. And printed with a laser printer, so as not to smudge too much, in the event that I'm forced to pull it out in the middle of a tsunami, or any other event that produces falling water.

This is how bored I am right now. I'm inventing scenarios in which it would be socially acceptable for me to blatantly ignore someone by shoving a sign in their face. I really don't have a problem helping people, I just wish that I worked in an environment where I didn't HAVE to help people if I didn't have time at the moment.

Which would be all the moments.

No comments: