8/21/2007

back to school, back to school

School is back. Currently I'm signed up for 12 hours of brow beating, but hopefully there will be at least one non-T.A. head of class the semester. Either way, taking night classes and working during the day is going to KILL me! So bring it on.

We've been looking at houses lately and may have found one that we'll seriously pursue. However, since 20% is the magic number (according to everyone), we have a long while before we'll have a down payment ready. So more than likely we have no chance of getting the house we're currently eyeballing. Why can't people just throw money at us?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for your comment, it's good to know other's go through losing friends as well.

Re: the house. I've owned four homes, and with the first three I did not have anywhere near 20% down. I don't know where you live but most of the time you can't afford NOT to own a house. Speak to a reputable mortgage broker and find out your options, you may be surprised. There are so many programs out there that would enable you to get into a house without the 20% down and without paying PMI, (which is WHY you want 20% down.) My last house which I bought on my own, with no income and only spousal and child support I only needed my closing costs, which were about 9K. I did an 80-10-10 loan and I made $60,000 in profit in less than two years, (when I bought my current home.)

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth!