2/09/2006

because eventually all dogs have to pee

I took Sophie out to pee just a minute ago, because, as most of you know, that's one of the burdens of having a furry, stinky, hyper little puppy. Now, I'm not going to tell you where I live, but I will say that we live in an apartment on a creek, in the city of Dallas. There's numbers of creeks with apartments on them in Dallas, so hopefully this won't give too much away to my stalker (which, by the way, having a harmless stalker will make for great stories, hint hint). Back to my story, as I'm taking the dog out to pee, after I had walked a little ways from my front door, I look out to the trees just before the creek, and what should I see but four coyotes making their way up the creek, with only about thirty yards between them and my two and a half month old puppy. That's freakin' cool! I live in the freaking city, the place where trains, planes, and automobiles call home, but tonight, because of my small bladdered dog, got a tiny taste of nature.

I was so excited that promptly sat down on my front porch, pulled out my Coca-Cola, put my iPod earphones on, and text messaged Animal Control on my Blackberry.

No comments: