2/20/2006

is that pepperjack cheese?

Great news people, Lays potato chips are now the spokescompany for the real "country" sandwich, whatever that means. But at least now we can all breathe a little bit easier, knowing that bags of grease are the new representative of the south. I don't much care for living in Texas. There are far too many negative stereotypes for my taste. The other day I heard some guy telling a friend of mine that "if it's so bad for Mexicans in America, why doesn't your dad just go back where he came from?" His dad is what some might call Native American. Oh the irony! This man who so eloquently threw out such an insult is what I would define as a "good ole' boy", and not exactly a friend of mine. In fact, I can't stand the guy, mostly because he's a complete jerk, but also because he has horrible fashion sense. Just because you work somewhere doesn't mean you have to buy allllllll of your clothes there.

On another note, I thoroughly enjoy A&E's four hours of "24" on Mondays. I have never really watched this show, at least not enough to say that I'm into it, but showing 4 episodes at once is definitely a great way to catch up. And then to find out that one of the girls off of "L Word" is also on the show, well that's just the icing on the cake. Okay, not really, especially since it's the crazy girl, but how 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon is that anyway? This is why we need to turn off the cable. If it was possible for us to use the bunny ears to watch the regular channels, I think it would be easier to say so long to Comcast, but the idea of not even being able to watch the news or (for Amy) a football game makes me sad. So I'm not sure if we'll ever turn the box off while we live here. I feel like I should make a commercial where, instead of a scale, I tie a cable box to my ankle, and instead of just dragging it behind me, it brings out the prejudice in people and prevents me from getting a job and everyone cuts me off in the grocery line. Cable sucks the life out of me.

No comments: