2/08/2006

morning morning morning

I have to admit, I am not exactly what one might call a "morning person". Sure, I wake up around the same time as the majority of morning people, sometimes even earlier, for no reason, just because. But I would much rather sleep the day away every once and a while.
In news this morning, forget about angry cartoon protestors being shot while storming a US military base, because Britney Spears was photographed driving her SUV with her son in her lap (rather than in a car seat). Who cares? I have to say, I see people driving around in Dallas traffic with their kids in their laps all the time, so when I hear that Britney does the same, it's not like my whole idea of the model of motherhood goes down in flames.
Really though, all of this nonsense over that Danish Muhhamed cartoon is starting to get a little ridiculous. An Iranian newspaper is holding a competition for Holocaust cartoons, apparently hoping to piss off the world Jewish community, however I think they're just wasting their time. Jews have spent their whole lives being blamed for the death of Jesus, so I doubt that a few offensive cartoons are really going to bust their bubble. They are conditioned for this discriminatory bullshit. And what's the deal with all these idiots getting mad about that cartoon just now? It has been in print since the end of September, I believe, so this fiasco seems like too much too late. The final plans for the competition will be released next Monday, so for those of you that plan on entering, get your pencils out.

No comments: